Subject: NetBSD router
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <collver@softhome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/2000 05:07:29
I have a NetBSD router that's a lowly 80486 with two 100baseT NICs.  I
noticed the other day that I was losing connections through this router.
At the time I was using mkisofs which took a lot of memory and CPU.  I was
also copying a large ISO image to another machine from the router, which
took up a lot of the bandwidth.

Does anyone here have suggestions to diagnose/tune this router to improve
the network reliability?

As a sidenote, I saw some kernel messages I didn't understand.  I remember
reading in the 386BSD faq that stray IRQ7's may just be a fact of life with
some PC interrupt controllers.

stray interrupt 7
stray interrupt 7
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex1: uplistptr was 0
stray interrupt 7
stray interrupt 7
stray interrupt 7; stopped logging

Does anyone have comments on these messages?

Thanks,

Ben