Subject: how to use web proxy outside of ipf/ipnat
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/28/2000 19:39:56
Our school recently connected the web proxy up to a high speed line,
but when I tried to use it from within the firewall for our lab, I
couldn't connect.  Since "pass in/out from any to any" in ipf.conf
still doesn't allow a connection to the http proxy (Squid?), I am
suspicious of ipnat, but I haven't hit on anything yet.  There doesn't
seem to be an internal http proxy like there is for ftp.

How does one use an external http proxy from within a firewall? Clients
inside the firewall can still connect directly with web sites, but I'm
afraid the school eventually is going to force all traffic through the
proxy, so I want to be ready for that.  TIA.

henry nelson