Subject: Re: how similar is netbsd to other unix clones
To: JD, Venugopal (CORP, CIM, OMC) <Venugopal.JD@geind.ge.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/2000 22:48:08
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, JD, Venugopal (CORP, CIM, OMC) wrote:

> I am a newbie and would like to know how similar is NETBSD to other unix

Since you say you are a "newbie" then I believe you'll find that NetBSD is
very similar. A lot of common everyday, regular-user tasks and commands
are the same. Depending on what you plan to use your Unix for, you and
your end-users may rarely, if ever, notice which OS is running (because
many of the user applications and server applications are similar or
exactly the same from OS to OS).

As you learn more, you can always work on making your NetBSD (or other
Unix-type) system act or look like another Unix. All of NetBSD's source
code is freely-available.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/