Subject: Re: Mail relaying
To: Scott Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/2000 22:34:56
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Scott Burns wrote:

> We are being used as a mail relay on our V1.4.1/i386 internet server.
> I have compiled and installed sendmail 8.9.3 which I think will allow
> us to shutdown mail relaying. We use the default sendmail.cf file that
> came iwth V1.4.1. Can someone send me a sendmail.cf file that will

How are you being used? What method is being used to bypass normal
relaying rules? (There is some anti-relaying webpages and services
that will test your mail server for a variety of methods. Find one with
google.com or altavista and try it.)

I am not sure what the relaying methods the default sendmail.cf included
with 1.4.1 allows.

> P.S. If I perform a fresh install of V1.5 when I get time in the
> future, is this already in place ?

Not sure, because I don't know what method is being used to relay through
you.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/