Subject: Re: how similar is netbsd to other unix clones
To: JD, Venugopal \(CORP, CIM, OMC\) <Venugopal.JD@geind.ge.com>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/2000 23:42:51
Comparing an OS to an OS is like comparing a British car to a US car. You
get in a different door, the steering wheel is in a different place but you
still end up being able to drive the thing even if you've never been on
"the other side".

Every OS pretty much has its own way of installing packages. AIX
has it's installp, HPUX 10.x has swinstall. Any why would you ever
choose to use an OS which allows root to telnet by default? urgh.

Why not just give me your keys, may take me a while but I'll find
the one to open your front door!

Regards
Nigel