Subject: Re: A strage problem with stdio.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Koh Sato <k-sato@ks-s.otaru-uc.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/22/2000 12:09:27
    seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) said:

    > This is fascinating.  I don't see anything obvious to explain
    > the $l.

  I am sorry that I forgot to notice.  It seems '$l' indicates the
size of the audio data.  So when I connected them with pipe, waveplay
thought the size of the data was 0.  I think that's why it failed.

    >> Well, it still looks like it probably depends on madplay.

  Is it possible for madplay to notice (to be influenced by the fact)
that whether its standard output is redirected to a file, or connected
with other process's standard input via pipe?

-
Koh Sato
k-sato@ks-s.otaru-uc.ac.jp