Subject: Neomagic MagicMedia 256AV Audio
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James Vodanovich <jim@arrakis.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/21/2000 06:27:54
I have just upgraded to 1.5 on a Gateway Portable Solo 3300.

I would like to know how hard it would be to get the neomagic audio=20
device to wo
rk on a pci bus as opposed to pnpbios.

The GENERIC config file has

#sb*             at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in sb mode
wss*            at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in wss mode

I tried placing an entry in the pci section and config complained that=20
sb/wss co
uldn't attach to pci. A sb cannot attach to a pci, yet if I leave it=20
on the pnpb
ios the kernel doesn't find it configured.

The appropriate dmesg line is

Neomagic MagicMedia 256AV Audio (audio multimedia, revision 0x20) at=20
pci1 dev 0
function 1 not configured.

I see that it is referenced in pcidevs_data.h and pcidevs.h
Why does config only attachment on pnpbios ?=20

I have=20
options         PCIVERBOSE      # verbose PCI device autoconfig=20
messages
options         PCI_CONFIG_DUMP # verbosely dump PCI config space
options         PCMCIAVERBOSE   # verbose PCMCIA configuration=20
messages
options         SCSIVERBOSE     # human readable SCSI error messages
options         USBVERBOSE      # verbose USB device autoconfig=20
messages
options         PNPBIOSVERBOSE  # verbose PnP BIOS messages
options PNPBIOSDEBUG    	  # more

I did this to find the vendor and card id in case all I had to do was=20
an entry for my varient, but no other info appears except aside from=20
the not configured messages above.

=20