Subject: Re: gnome compile errors.... Help!?
To: Charlie Root <root@CS670402-A.gvcl1.bc.wave.home.com>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/20/2000 12:25:32
Charlie Root <root@CS670402-A.gvcl1.bc.wave.home.com> writes:

> > If this is the case, you'll have to un-install all your old packages
> > (just to be safe) and re-install them.
> >
> I have tried to reinstall esound, but the compile chokes on undefined
> variables.  I think this means that there is yet another package that
> needs to be reinstalled and was hoping that someone knew which one.  I
> downloaded the binaries for esound and installed them but the problem
> remains.  Could the binaries at netbsd.org still be a.out?

They shouldn't be, if they're compiled for 1.5 and i386.

Looking at the Makefile for esound, it depends on libaudiofile; try
re-installing that.

When I encountered this problem, I did "pkg_info | lpr", and then I
did a pkg_delete of everything, and then I re-installed them all.
It's definitely the "big hammer" approach, but it worked.  :)

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large