Subject: Re: stupid newbie question..
To: Jordan 'da5id' Shaw <jshaw@thenewt.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2000 11:54:22
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Jordan 'da5id' Shaw wrote:
> Okay, I've got this memory problem. perhaps you've heard of it..
> anyway, what is going on is that only 15 of my 256 meg of ram is
> being detected.. I'm forced to have the memory hole turned on in my
> bios for various reasons.
>
> I was wondering if there was any way to pass the full size of my
> memory to the kernel? or will i be stuck with 15 meg?

Since you mention the memory hole in your BIOS, I guess you're using a
x86 PC? There's a way to force the memory size, but are you sure it's
not recognizing your full memory? What's the kernel saying/doing that
makes you think it only sees 15 of your 256 megs?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++