Subject: Re: visor
To: None <mherzog@mediaone.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/2000 09:06:57
   It's odd that there is no /dev/uhub*, /dev/ucom* or
   /dev/uvisor* on my system although . . .
   uhci0 and usb0 and uhub0 all show up in my dmesg.
   What am I missing? I can't get anything to talk to
   my Visor. I should hasten to say that all of my
   USB devices spontaniously detatch themselves on
   a regular basis. All except for my Logitech Wingman
   Gaming Mouse.

   uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
   uvisor0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
   ucom0 detached
   uvisor0 detached
   uvisor0 at uhub0 port 1
   uvisor0: Handspring Inc Handspring Visor, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
   ucom0 at uvisor0

   --
   Matthew Herzog			Unix Administrator
   mherzog@mediaone.net            Powered by NetBSD

Some USB devices are only "powered up" when they are trying to
communicate.  The Visor is like that.  It will attach and detach itself
from the buss on a regular basis.  Further, for the Visor, since it
presents itself as a USB "com" device, it will show up as
/dev/ttyU[number], like all USB "com" devices.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://mellon.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]