Subject: Re: Xfree/wscons (was missing lib)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Thauvin <razbitum@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/2000 14:14:32
[snip]

> Next:  I have wscons enabled, and the virtual
> consoles etc.  When I
> am running X, and I <Ctl><Alt><F2> it goes to the
> appropriate login
> prompt, but X chokes.  When I go back to the
> original console, the
> GUI is gone and I have to ^C to get a prompt.

Well, I have the same problem (with Xfree 4.0.1 on a
i686), but I not sure it's really a problem : why
would you need the other consoles when all the window
managers provide as many virtual desktops as you want
?
If you want another shell, just open another
[xaEw]term.
I don't think this is a bug. No offense intended, but
I guess Xfree doesn't handle this because it has no
real interest.

Louis.

[snip]