Subject: Re: Missing libintl.so.1 (was dhclient message)
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Dave Chapman <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/2000 12:50:28
On 14 Dec 2000, at 15:01, Jon Lindgren wrote:

Date sent:      	Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:01:36 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From:           	Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
To:             	Dave Chapman <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
Copies to:      	netbsd-help@netbsd.org
Subject:        	Re: Missing libintl.so.1 (was dhclient message)

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Dave Chapman wrote:
>
> [gratuitous snip]
>
> > It seems to die because it can't find intl.  Is this libintl.so.1
> > that has been lost?
>
> Had a similar condition when installing binary for 1.5 minicom on
> i386.  Grabbing pkgsrc and building from scratch solved this, tho.  I
> think a few others have problems relating to libintl.so.1, too.

I installed gettext-lib-0.10.35nb1.tgz and it has put the missing
file in place.  Problem solved, thanks.

Next:  I have wscons enabled, and the virtual consoles etc.  When I
am running X, and I <Ctl><Alt><F2> it goes to the appropriate login
prompt, but X chokes.  When I go back to the original console, the
GUI is gone and I have to ^C to get a prompt.

Any ideas?

   Thanks,
    Dave Chapman