Subject: Re: ioctl command
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@asim.lip6.fr>
From: Rajnish Madan <rajnishm@delhi.tcs.co.in>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/2000 09:33:55
Hi Manuel,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am trying to implement VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Prorocol) on
NetBSD1.4.1.

What I am trying to do is to set the Ethernet card in promiscuos mode and
listen packets destined for two or more VMAC addresses(we call it Virtual
MAC address).
Each of these VMAC addresses will be associated with a particular IP
address.
As the system will now handle packet for these new VMAC addresses,
the system should respond to the ARP request for these IP addresses with
the VMAC rather than the physical MAC address.

I had downloaded the arp.c source code but couldn't get any useful pointers.

How shall i go about it. Pls help/guide in this regard

Thanks
Rajnish