Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 sysinst problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Chapman <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2000 08:20:18
On 13 Dec 2000, at 12:22, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:22:11 +0100
From:           	Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
To:             	Dave Chapman <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
Copies to:      	netbsd-help@netbsd.org
Subject:        	Re: NetBSD 1.5 sysinst problem

> On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 05:06:32PM -0800, Dave Chapman wrote:
> > This problem occurs after booting from floppy (boot1.fs & boot2.fs).
> >  Do I have to physically disconnect any drive beyond sd2?
>
> No, just cleanup /etc/fstab on your existing system.

Thanks, Manuel.  This worked just fine.  Now I understand I have to
edit rc.conf?  I do the following:
mount /usr
export TERM=vt220

but when I try to edit rc.conf with vi I get an error message saying
that the file system is read only.  What have I missed?  I looked
through the INSTALL document several times, but could not find a
solution.

  Thanks again,
   Dave Chapman

--