Subject: Re: Problems with 3Com Ethernetcard
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/12/2000 16:50:09
In message <7827.976661120@nemeton.com.au>, Giles Lean writes:
>This card is problematic.  Most now work with the NetBSD driver, but a
>couple of us have (had :-) cards that still do not.  It seems based on
>changes that were necessary to get some others' cards working that
>3com have shipped about three variants of this card. :-(

This is true.  I'm afraid I can't discuss anything concrete, but I'm aware
that there are a substantial number of 3C905's out there that are pretty
substantially different.

>If you wanted you could try to work out from the Linux driver source
>what it does differently.

I think that, if you had a BSD/OS source license, you could probably sniff
around a little too.  I probably can't do the sniffing *for* you, but I can
point out that I believe all of the cards work now.  ;)

-s