Subject: Re: Dual-booting with one of ``them''?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Chapman <dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/2000 08:32:20
On 10 Dec 2000, at 14:50, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Date sent:      	Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:50:52 +0100
From:           	Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
To:             	collver@softhome.net
Copies to:      	netbsd-help@netbsd.org
Subject:        	Re: Dual-booting with one of ``them''?

> On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 10:18:07AM -0800, Ben Collver wrote:
> > I haven't yet been able to get booteasy or os-bs to
> > boot from multiple hard drives, they seem to be
> > designed to boot from multiple partitions on the same
> > drive.  Booteasy always complains that it cannot find
> > the non-NetBSD OS on the other hard drive, so I am
> > probably doing something wrong.
> >
> > Does anyone else boot from multiple hard drives?

I use os-bs with multiple drives.  I boot Win-98 from
sd0 and NetBSD 1.4.2 from sd1.

> Yes, but I use the NetBSD boot loader for this.

I tried:
run 'fdisk -i -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel' to install the bootmenu

but it did not work.  Can't remember exactly what happened....

--
David Chapman
dchapman@canwest.victoria.bc.ca