Subject: Re: Dual-booting with one of ``them''?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <tylx@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/09/2000 10:18:07
--- Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
> > The only time I dual-booted BSD and Linux, I used
> > LILO, which comes with many distributions.  If you
> > haven't chosen a distribution to go with yet, I
> > recommend downloading Debian.
> you can also tell linux to install lilo on its root
> partition instead of the MBR (this needs to be a
> primary partition) and then you can use any boot
> selector (booteasy, os-bs, the NetBSD one that you
> can install with fdisk -B, etc ...)

I haven't yet been able to get booteasy or os-bs to
boot from multiple hard drives, they seem to be
designed to boot from multiple partitions on the same
drive.  Booteasy always complains that it cannot find
the non-NetBSD OS on the other hard drive, so I am
probably doing something wrong.

Does anyone else boot from multiple hard drives?

Ben