Subject: scsi-adapters
From: Frank <frank@cfn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/03/2000 21:00:39
Hello!

I need a new scsi ultra-wide controller.Can anybody help me?
Unfortunately I can't afford to buy an adaptec.Somebody told
me that Advance controllers use chips from symbios logic.
Therefore they should work with the symbios drivers.Can somebody
confirm that?What about tekram or dawicontrol?(or symbios?)
Of course i have searched the hardware data base.But i think it
is more useful to ask somebody who works with these devices.
The most important thing is that the controller works with
Linux,NetBSD and OpenBSD(and Solaris)because i'm working with
these systems.
OK,i am new to *Bsd-systems,but i think it is better to work
with different flavours of UNIX than to give my money to M$ .

regards

frank