Subject: XFree86 4.x and XFig from pkgsrc.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/2000 04:47:38
Can someone running XFree86 4.0 (or, at least 4.x) confirm the following
with XFig from pkgsrc?

It appears that any attempt to access the XFig ``File'' menu causes a
crash/core-dump.

Some further information:

I have two machines.  One is running XFree86 4.0 and has the monitor
attaches.  The other has the XFree86 3.3.6 from NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA
installed.  (Both machines are running 1.5_ALPHA; I should have time to
upgrade them in a couple of weeks.)

When I run XFig on the machine with XFRee86 4.0, I get a core file
whenever I try to access the ``File'' menu.  There are no problems when I
install XFig on the other machine (it still talks to the XFree86 4.0 X
server, of course.)

If someone can confirm the behavior, I'll send-pr it.  (^&

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu