Subject: Re: cdrecord and SCSI CD-R drive.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/2000 15:57:20
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:41:36AM -0500, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> New (well, different) machine, different cables (same drives), newer OS,
> newer pkg installs, and the controller is different. I'm not actually
> expecting to find out why I get this message, and unless I actually have
> real problems then I'm not worried about it.

Ok, then it can be a problem in the HBA driver. Fixating a CD can take
a long time, so cdrecord usually set the timeout to several minutes.
As the timeout has to be specified in hz (100 or larger), the computation
can overflow a 32bit integer if the programmer didn't take care.
I had to fix this in siop :)
What HBA driver is used ?