Subject: Re: cdrecord and SCSI CD-R drive.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/30/2000 18:22:20
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 08:40:16PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:46:18AM +0900, Kou Sato wrote:
> >    2.  Are we suppose to utilize /dev/scsibus0 (NetBSD 1.5's new feature?),
> >        or we should specify the device directly such as dev=/dev/rcd0d?
>
> No, use dev=/dev/rcd0d

Does it make any difference using the block device instead of the raw
device? Practically, that is?

I don't know if I'm doing something different or if I just have different
hardware now, but I often get a timeout from my controller right after I
burn a CD. It doesn't seem to hurt anything (including the fresh CD), but
it is a bit disconcerting. I'm using an Adaptec 1542C with a Yamaha
6416S burner and I'm running 1.5_ALPHA2 on a P-133.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.