Subject: Re: Yamaha onboard sound card
To: John Brahy <jbrahy@broadchoice.com>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/23/2000 16:07:20
> I edited the Kernel configuration file and I still get this
> error. Does this mean there is no driver for this product?
> or where else should I look for documentation on configuring
> sound cards?
>
> >Yamaha product 0x000d (audio multimedia, revision 0x03) at pci0
> >dev 12 function 0 not configured
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John Brahy

Dear John,

I had a similar problem with my OPTi soundcard.  I had NetBSD-1.4.2, and
was told that this was due to the fact that NetBSD-1.4.2 didn't have
support for a lot of cards.  (I had the error with another soundcard
also.)  Try upgrading to NetBSD-1.5_BETA; that *might* solve the problem.

I don't know if the error only means lack of driver support.  I wrote this
much because I noted that nobody else has replied to your mail.  Hope this
helps.

Rakhesh
http://www.cse.iitd.ernet.in/~csu96154/