Subject: Re: mail problem
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Claude Marinier <marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2000 08:45:39
Richard (and all),

Thanks for the warning. I need help with this.

I send e-mail (including posts to netbsd-help) from a NetBSD 1.4.2 (i386)
using Pine 4.20. The from address comes from my user name on this system:
marinier@dreo.dnd.ca. The Reply-To field is claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca.

Does the list server ignore the Reply-To field? I have other problems with
clients that do just that (ignore the Reply-To).

Could I configure Pine or sendmail put the long address in the From field?

The mail server is MS Exchange (I lost the mail server battle a while
ago). It only knows my official address. I could ask that the short
address be added to the configuratin for my account.

By the way, I get my mail from the Exchange server via IMAP.

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675