Subject: Re: Can't establish ADSL connection
To: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2000 10:52:19
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org> writes:

> After innumerable time of failure, I still haven't set up ADSL connection.
> using rp-pppoe-2.3 with 1.5_BETA2 "out of the box." On the other hand,
> the same version of rp-pppoe is working just fine for Linux. Has anyone
> successfully established the connection?

1) Did you install from pkgsrc's net/rp-pppoe package? If not, do it that
   way (rather than grabbing the package yourself and installing by hand).

2) Have you tried net/mouse-pppoe (again from pkgsrc)? This worked for
   me with no problem other than the MTU being too high (I had to
   re-add the default route with "-mtu 1400").

I also built and installed rp-ppoe, but the configuration looked more
involved than mouse-pppoe, so I never actually tried it.