Subject: Problems with mounting cdrom in NetBSD 1.4
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Patterson <thomas@scottsburg.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/2000 01:32:11
Hello, I recently install NetBSD 1.4 on a Pentium 233.  I've been having
some trouble mounting my cdrom, when I go to mount it (using mount -t msdos
/dev/cd0a /cdrom) I get an error of Mount_msdos: Mount: Invalid Argument.
The media I am using is a cd from cheapbytes.com and can be booted from
(which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong in my mounting
syntax).  I have attempted to mount using -t fat, iso9660, fs9660, and vfat.
All of those return with an error of: mount: mount_fat(or put in
iso9660/etc) not found for /cdrom.  I'm not sure what to do right now,
seeing as how when I've used FreeBSD or OpenBSD it always found it and
worked perfectly.  I hope you guys can help me out with this, and thanks for
the time to read it.

Sincerely
-Thomas