Subject: I have problems installing the PostgreSQL package
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lasse =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2000 16:15:05
Help! I am having problems installing the PostgreSQL package.

For some reason it will not initialize the database. It also doesn't create
the pgsql user; I have tried adding this user manually (by copying the line
of the ingres user and changing the home and shell), to no avail. The
database root is not made, and thus the postmaster will not start.

I am not yet too well-versed in the NetBSD pkg-system, so I have just tried
the usual make; make install in the /usr/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql
directory. I just want a plain default installation.

It is possible that I just need to set some option somewhere, but a hint
would help me along. Let me know if there is a more appropriate list than
netbsd-help.

-Lasse