Subject: Re: iomega zip problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/2000 13:26:34
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 09:00:07PM +0100, Audun Arnesen Nordal wrote:
> >
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I tried to follow the steps as described in the "How to use a ZIP
> > disk"-section at the "Other FAQs and HOWTOs"-page. The disklabel of my
> > zip is included below. Mounting the 'e'-partition of this zip fails with
> > an "Invalid argument" error message. The zip is configured as follows:
> >
> > wd1 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 1: <IOMEGA ZIP 100>
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> What command line do you use to mount it ?

Sorry, I forgot to add that. I used a 'mount_msdos /dev/wd1e /mnt'

I should probably add that when I boot netbsd without a zip-disk inserted,
the message 'wd1: no disk label' is printed, although I assume that is
correct behaviour. I don't know if this is significant, but the disklabel
printed in the faq says 'type: ATAPI', whereas mine says 'type: ESDI'.

Regards,

--
Audun Nordal