Subject: Hey guys--overloaded NetBSD but not overloaded hardware:
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <mtooley@pacificcoast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2000 18:35:50
So I've got NetBSD on a Pent3-933 w/ 512 MB ram. There's plenty free
at all time. It's running as a web server and it's getting nailed
right to the wall with traffic. (Apache's logfile is growing by 43 MB
every hour.. the traffic is absolutely insane.)

I'm seeing Apache bump up against some sort of limits:

[Wed Nov  8 18:22:54 2000] [error] (22)Invalid argument: getsockname

I've increased the maximum processes via sysctl, and the ulimits
living in the shells I'm spawning the web server from into the
thousands. 8000 open files, 4000 maximum processes.. etc etc. But the
messages aren't going away..!

At any particular moment there are 1000 entries in the netstat output
for tcp connections.. usually 300 "establish"ed on average.

So! Help me! The message is still popping up.. and I'd sure like to
get rid of it. It accompanies (usually) a problem with the
connection.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

marc