Subject: Re: Davicom DM9102 and DM9102A net chip drivers on i386 NetBSD-1.4.2?
To: None <C.J.E.Pinnock@qmw.ac.uk>
From: Scott Williams <scott@james.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2000 06:19:30
Thanks,

I got impatient and did the upgrade.  Looks about the same from here.
Haven't actually tried the interface yet as the machine will be dual
homed and needs a bunch of other setup first.  Thanks for the help.

- Scott

   On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 05:08:40AM -0800, Scott Williams wrote:

   > I looked into this release a bit, but was reluctant to try as the
   >
   >   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_BETA2/i386/INSTALL.html
   >
   > page doesn't mention the DM9102 drivers either.  Is it possible that
   > the driver is present, but that the INSTALL page hasn't been updated
   > yet?  I should be able to try out the new version in a couple of days.
   > Should I let you know if it works when I do?

   Hi Scott,

   I've got NetBSD_1.5BETA running on a machine with a PC-Chips motherboard.

   DM9102 seems to work okay (at least at 10Mb/s)

   part of kernel messages output:

   tlp0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Davicom DM9102 Ethernet, pass 1.0
   tlp0: broken MicroWire interface detected; setting SROM size to 1Kb
   tlp0: interrupting at irq 10

   dmphy0 at tlp0 phy 1: DM9101 10/100 media interface, rev. 0

   best wishes,
   --
   Chris