Subject: Re: Davicom DM9102 and DM9102A net chip drivers on i386 NetBSD-1.4.2?
To: Scott Williams <scott@james.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2000 07:28:20
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Scott Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Your generic PCI driver page at
>
>    http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html
>
> mentions the
>    Davicom DM9102 and DM9102A,
>          found on motherboards and some 10/100 + HomePNA boards (tlp)
>
> driver,
>
> But the page for the OS version that I've installed at
>
>   ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.2/i386/INSTALL.html
>
> doesn't mention this driver.  Also the kernel doesn't seem to recognize
> the chip on boot time although the chip says 9102F on it.

I believe the chip is not supported in 1.4.2; the page refers to the
up-and-coming 1.5 release, I believe.  Try installing the 1.5BETA relase
(take a look around the i386 page).  1.5BETA is relatively stable at this
point, and is definitely worth a try.

Alternatively, you can install a snapshot (again, check the i386 page for
links, etc...).  The snapshots are relatively stable, but are the "latest
and greatest" so be prepared for some bumps.

[snip]

Hope this helps,

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"