Subject: Re: sup (again) mirror sites
To: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2000 21:42:34
On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 03:51:40PM +0000, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:
> > Everything you need to know about NetBSD mirrors.
> >
> >   http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/net.html
>
> doh! yes thanks a lot i missed this. i gave the french sites a shot but the
> paris uni one appeared to be deleting my entire pkgsrc tree and the the other
> french site wouldnt work at all. i'm not really sure what files sup looks at

Which one didn't work ? sup2.fr.netbsd.org should be OK but we have some
short network shutdown these days (things moving from one building
to another). Please tell me if you can't reach it (preferably with the
time you tried to access it).

> to determine what needs updating and what doesnt. if it is just looking at the

Sup keep a file where it records the date of the last update.

> pkgsrc tarball then i should be able to point sup at the ftp mirrors no? or do
> they have to have a sup tree as well?

No, you need a sup tree as well.