Subject: Re: programming under NetBSD
To: Enrico Donelli <enricod@logicom.it>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2000 21:37:51
On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:53:47AM +0100, Enrico Donelli wrote:

> >What kind of programmation ?
> >Fot shell scripts, you can have a look at the sh or csh manuals.
> >You may also want to have a look at the perl, pyton or tcl langages
> >(sorry I don't have pointers).
> >You should also be able to find documents about C under Unix.
>
> Yes, the message was not very clear :)
> I would like to study the kernel, and to learn the programming (in C, per
> example) under BSD, thanks to the availability of the sources.

For kernel you have some docs and pointer to books in the "documentation"
section of www.netbsd.org. You also have the manual pages in section 9,
and the sources themselve.
For userland, BSD isn't that different from other unixes, any doc about
C/C++ and Unix will have usefull things. You also have the section 2 and 3
manual pages, and of course the sources :)