Subject: Re: Digital cameras (USB esp.) on NetBSD.
To: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2000 13:58:53
   Herb Peyerl wrote
   > Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>  wrote:
   >  >  * Olympus claims an uncompressed image mode among its features.
   >  >    (Presumably, this is a lossless format.  (^&)
   >
   > err, or as 'lossless' as digital can be.
   >
   >  > Any guidence w.r.t. cameras that work with our favorite OS would be
   >  > appreciated.  (Experiences re. camera reliability, and practical advice on
   >  > making texture maps also welcome---though those topics aren't so related
   >  > to this mailing list.  (^&)
   >

   > While not USB, I was pleased to try a friends Kodak somethingorother with
   > the CompactFlash cards.  He had a 64MB card and the little CF to PCMCIA
   > adapter.  I slid it into my Toshiba laptop running NetBSD 1.4something
   > and proceeded to mount the CF card as an MSDOS filesystem and look at the
   > jpeg's with 'xv'.
   >
   > As far as I'm concerned, that's the level of functionality I'd find most
   > optimal.  I can carry extra 'film' with me on a holiday or whatever and not
   > have to lug my laptop around...

   I can confirm Kodak DC240 working. A friend of mine came to visit me
   and that was the time I've ported gphoto before it was available on
   pkgsrc, so I would expect that many more modells are supported by now.

   cheerio Berndt
   --
   Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
   E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes

My wife has a DC280 with a USB interface and it is not really unstood to
be anything but a ugen device.  Was the DC240 working via a serial
connection??

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://mellon.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]