Subject: Re: r/o filesystem restrictions for firewall?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/2000 10:54:29
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Simon Burge wrote:

> Andrew Brown wrote:
>
> > part of the security sysctl mib would have to be a knob that sets the
> > entire sysctl mib into read-only mode as well.
>
> I would suspect that the entire security mib would be governed by the
> same rules as the existing kern.securelevel sysctl.  This should be
> debated on either tech-kern or tech-security and not port-sparc and
> netbsd-help :-)

I'm gonna push this into tech-security and tech-kern right now...

Thanks to everyone for their responses so far!

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"