Subject: Re: r/o filesystem restrictions for firewall?
To: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/23/2000 17:24:02
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

[snipped and removed from port-sparc...]

> Then mounting the CD as the root filesystem is not the way to go.  I
> would recommend creating a bootable CDROM that does nothing but write
> out a disk image to your hard drive.  Then the box can be a fully
> functional NetBSD machine with a r/w root filesystem.  Then if the box
> gets rooted, you simply pop the CD in, and flip the switch and your
> drive will get rewritten.

Why not a CD?  Bad idea, or just that the number of things to change are
too great?

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"