Subject: Re: StarOffice 5.2 install suggestion
To: Jim Grohn <JimGrohn@bigpond.net.au>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/21/2000 20:37:27
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Jim Grohn wrote:

> Anyone know how to install StarOffice 5.2.     NB - there is no existing
> port for 5.2 yet.
>
> ========================
> bash-2.04# pwd
> /cdrom/linux/office52
>
> bash-2.04# ./setup
> glibc version: 2.1.2
> /tmp/sv001.tmp/setup: /usr/bin/test: not found
> /tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries:
> libvos1GCC.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> bash-2.04#

The setup script uses "test" to calculate the current directory,
so it can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find the shared libraries, so it's
not surprising that you don't get any further without it.

Assuming that you already have the suse_* packages installed, try
duplicating the whole directory somewhere convenient, e.g.

 pax -r -w -pe /cdrom/linux/office52 /usr/pkg/emul/linux/opt/

and patching the setup script so it knows where to find NetBSD's
"test", as follows

 # resolve installation directory
 sd_platform=`uname -s`
 case $sd_platform in
 	SCO_SV) test=/bin/test     ;;
+	NetBSD) test=/bin/test     ;;
 	*)      test=/usr/bin/test ;;
 esac

 sd_cwd="`pwd`"

My setup's a little different (I unpacked the rpm from the
Linux-Mandrake CD, and modified the "program/soffice" script), so no
doubt you'll have to apply that "patch" by hand, and you may have to
modify program/soffice, as well.

Frederick