Subject: Re: mysterius autorepeat, with wscons
To: None <abss@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/19/2000 21:47:57

On Mon, 22 May 2000 22:43:30 +0100 (BST) David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Bernd Salbrechter wrote:
>
> > Now I have checked it with a new (1.4.2) kernel and the problem
> > still exist with wscons and with pccons all is Ok.
> >
> > With wscons:
> >   * sometimes keys are autorepeated without holding the key down.
>
> 	Does it seem like the repeat starts very quickly, or does it
> 	give an instant double key, then a 'normal' delay before
> 	autorepeat.

It give an instant double key, then a 'normal' delay before the autorepeat.

> >   * the screen update doesn't work correct. Most of this can be
> >     solved by switching to vt100. A additional detail I recognized,
> >     is that the last line of the messages from login get overwritten
> >     by the prompt.
> >
> 	Have you modified the .login or similar files at all? Before you

Nothing related to that problem I think, but I append the .login
and .cshrc at the end.

> 	set the terminal type to vt100 was it vt220. What does the

NetBSD /etc/ttys deliver with vt220, I have changed it to vt100,
because the vt100 works much better (more -s was noot useable with
vt220, vt100 work).

> 	following give:
> 		egrep -i 'wsd|vga' /var/run/dmesg.boot
        vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Cirrus Logic CL-GD7543 (rev. 0x00)
        wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
        wscons: wskbd0 glued to wsdisplay0 (console)

> 		stty size
        25 80

> > About the other problems
> >   * PCMCIA Ethernet cars (ne)
> >   * screen update in wscons (more)
> > I have already post an answer, if it got lost I can resend it.
> >
> 	Did you submit a PR on them? That is normally the best way to
> 	ensure something is not lost.

No, because the Ethernet problem was solved (add the word inet to
the config file) and the screen update proble we discuse activly.

> 	It might be an idea to try booting a -current kernel from the
> 	most recent snapshot to see if it has the same problems (don't
> 	bother with the rest of the snapshot while you're testing).

I will try it. But can I live with a -current kernel and a -1.4.1 userland?
As far I know -current has switched to ELF and -1.4.* is a.out.

Bernd Salbrechter

.login:
tset -Q $TERM
reset

# Setup the Command search path.
set my_path_prefix = ".:./bin:$HOME/bin:"
set my_path_suffix = ":usr/bin/X11:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/cad/bin:/usr/games:/usr/old_tools/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin"
setenv PATH "$my_path_prefix$PATH$my_path_suffix"
unset my_path_*

echo "Fortune:"
fortune
calendar
echo "Diskusage:"
df -k -t nounion

# Setup the Directory search path.
setenv CDPATH ".:${HOME}:"
set cdpath = ".:${HOME}:"
set filec
set fignore = (.o .out .old .vtroff .BAK .CKP)

# Mail
#DEL setenv MAIL /usr/spool/mail/$USER
setenv MAILCHECK 0
setenv NNTPSERVER siemens

# X Window System
setenv DISPLAY :0
setenv PRINTER ps

# Name and Group
setenv NAME "Bernd Salbrechter"

# PASCAL-XT
#OLD setenv PSPECS ".:/usr/lib/pascal/spec"

# Voreinstellungen diverser Programme
setenv MORE -cs    # more
setenv MORE -s    # more
setenv MAKECONF ${HOME}/nnfsmnt/src/local/mk/mk.conf.schleppo
#setenv EXINIT ""   # vi, ex, ed
#setenv ENV .profile

source ~/.aliases

set ignoreeof
set history=50
#DEL set mail = /usr/spool/mail/$USER
set prompt='\!% '

stty crt erase '' kill '' intr '^c'
#EOF

.cshrc
#
set prompt = '\!/ '

umask 027

setenv SHELL $shell

alias cp cp -i
alias mv mv -i
alias rm rm -i
alias x "source ~/.aliases; set history = 20; set filec"
#EOF