Subject: Gentlemen start your engines! (Need suggestion for high-end)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <marc@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2000 16:51:22
So I'm a staunch supporter of NetBSD in my capacity as network
admin--everything I've used it with so far has been predictable,
clean, and reliable.

Now someone's come to me with some pretty outlandish requirements..
and I don't want to be forced into a platform I don't particularly
like.

I was wondering if someone could suggest a hardware platform that
NetBSD runs extremely well on.

Looking for pure, mind blowing power. I've read some about the alpha
ports..they seem pretty solid in the literature.. an EV6 perhaps? Any
specific recommended hardware for me?

Uptime on the hardware is fairly important, and it'll be doing large
amounts of serving under heavy load. Woo!

Money is (apparently) not an object.

Suggestions sincerely appreciated,

Thankfully,

Marc Tooley