Subject: Re: OS Loader
To: Christoph Leuzinger <christoph.leuzinger@westworks.ch>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2000 17:04:45
> 1.) Win98, Linux, NetBSD
> There is a machine with Win98, Linux and NetBSD on it. Unfortunately I no
> longer can access Linux, because after the installation of NetBSD's boot
> manager, Linux won't boot no more (the boot manager returns "3"). And now that
> I had to reinstall Win (once more...), the Win-Setup overwrote the boot sector
> information, so that I'm only able to boot NetBSD from the floppy boot disk.
> I tried fdisk -B, but nothing changed.

Assuming you installed the netbsd bootloader correctly i think something
might be wrong with your partition table. Can you send an ouput of
fdisk of that disk?

> 2.) Win98, extended partition, NetBSD
> On another machine, I first installed Windows (about 2GB), an extended FAT32
> partition (~4GB) and then NetBSD (~6GB) with its boot manager. But whatever I
> try to boot, I only get the answer "3".

Same for this disk, the fact that you can still boot netbsd is good, but maybe
just the partitiontable is corrupt. Some output would be nice :)
Bye,

Mipam.