Subject: OS Loader
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <christoph.leuzinger@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2000 15:19:13
Hello again,

I wanted to ask you about some problems concerning the selection of the OS
before booting.

I've got two scenarios:

1.) Win98, Linux, NetBSD
There is a machine with Win98, Linux and NetBSD on it. Unfortunately I no
longer can access Linux, because after the installation of NetBSD's boot
manager, Linux won't boot no more (the boot manager returns "3"). And now that
I had to reinstall Win (once more...), the Win-Setup overwrote the boot sector
information, so that I'm only able to boot NetBSD from the floppy boot disk.
I tried fdisk -B, but nothing changed.

2.) Win98, extended partition, NetBSD
On another machine, I first installed Windows (about 2GB), an extended FAT32
partition (~4GB) and then NetBSD (~6GB) with its boot manager. But whatever I
try to boot, I only get the answer "3".

I tried OSL2000 (http://www.osloader.com/), but didn't help ("no OS found"; I
think, they dont support NetBSD).

Any suggestions? Is it possible to resolve this problem using NetBSD's boot
manager, or do I have to use another one?

TIA, Chris.
     Christoph F. Leuzinger + Student @ Kantonsschule
   http://www.westworks.ch/ + Schaffhausen, Switzerland
              ICQ# 20603375 + http://www.kanti.ch/