Subject: ftpd behaviour
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <tld@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/2000 20:30:43
Hi. I have 2 machines with 1.5A2.
On both, when I use ftp services (aka, ftpd from inetd), the transfer does
not go above 100kbytes throughput. This is unwanted behaviour, and  I know
the network can handle 1Mbyte/sec with no problem. Sometimes I *CAN* get
(unknown reason) get 1MB. Other machines on the network can transfer at
full speed (traffic permitting, that is :)

Another machine has 1.4.2. Sometimes, under mid-low workload (70
concurrent connections, all transferring datas), and on random times, the
ftpd hangs, and won't accept any connection/command/anything (not even
completing running files) unless a kill -HUP is done.

Any hints? Thanks!!

O++ M- V? PS++ PE Y+ PGP- t- 5? X+ R* !tv b+ DI? D+ G e h- !r y-(+*)