Subject: Re: xamp-dependency problem
To: Hans de Hartog <dehartog@mail.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/2000 11:51:18
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Hans de Hartog wrote:

> >Puzzling. I don't have time to try to reproduce this today, >myself,
> >but it's evidently building for others (the bulk builds haven't >choked
> >on xamp). Maybe the presence of qt2 on your system is messing >things up?
>
> Highly unlikely because I deinstalled qt2.

OK.

> After installing
> qt1 I also followed the instructions before trying to build
> xamp:
> export QTDIR=/usr/X11R6/qt1
> export PATH=/usr/X11R6/qt1/bin:$PATH
> (and the configure part is picking up things from that dir)
> and finally "make --with-qt-dir=/usr/X11R6/qt1" or should
> I do this differently (because the --with-qt-dir is not a
> build- but configure-parameter)?

You shouldn't have to do any of that. This is all done in the pkgsrc
Makefile for xamp (which see). Try unsetting those, and "cd
/usr/pkgsrc/audio/xamp; make clean && make install". If you want to
add a discretionary configure argument (some feature that's not
enabled by default, perhaps), best to do

CONFIGURE_ARGS="--enable-foo" make install

as putting CONFIGURE_ARGS= _after_ make would override necessary stuff.

Frederick