Subject: Re: xamp-dependency problem
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Hans de Hartog <dehartog@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/2000 12:38:32
------Original Message------
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
To: Hans de Hartog <dehartog@mail.com>
Sent: October 11, 2000 4:18:17 PM GMT

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Hans de Hartog wrote:

>> Thanks for the quick and clear answer. However, building
>> xamp (configuring actually) from sources gave:
>> checking for QT... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
>> configure: error: QT1.2 (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop.

>Puzzling. I don't have time to try to reproduce this today, >myself,
>but it's evidently building for others (the bulk builds haven't >choked
>on xamp). Maybe the presence of qt2 on your system is messing >things up?

Highly unlikely because I deinstalled qt2. After installing
qt1 I also followed the instructions before trying to build
xamp:
export QTDIR=/usr/X11R6/qt1
export PATH=/usr/X11R6/qt1/bin:$PATH
(and the configure part is picking up things from that dir)
and finally "make --with-qt-dir=/usr/X11R6/qt1" or should
I do this differently (because the --with-qt-dir is not a
build- but configure-parameter)?

Same "result".

Waiting patiently for somebody to help,
Thans in advance,