Subject: Re: ping: sendto: host is down
To: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2000 19:52:46
Anders,

I have seen this somewhere else, I lost the original post :(

I am going to fire off some quickies about stuff that has happened
to me:

- I once had a wake up on LAN card (with NetBSD/i386-1.4.2)
  that got so frustrating I ended up putting another card in

- the card may be a 10/100 which may need a different media type
  I once had an autoselct 10/100 that if i tried to say
  just 10 or just 100 in wouldn't work, I think I actually
  called the media 'autoselect' - or somehting, I cannot
  remember

email me back the card type again and i will check tomorrow
at some point if it is the same,

regards,

    jrf

--