Subject: Re: How to get keyboard localized?
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2000 20:03:58
On Tue Oct 10 2000 at 19:53:21 +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:

> >> I'm trying to terminal programs, most notably tcsh, vi and joe are
> >> important to, to accept the "ö", and "ä" characters. This seems
> >> to be quite difficult.
> >> What to do?
> >

> > run "wsconsctl -k -w encoding=fi".
> > Later put it in rc.local to have it after each reboot.
>
> As I anticipated, this doesn't do anything. For one thing, wscons
> doesn't support "fi" encoding, and on the other hand, standard sh
> on wscons already does like scandic characters.
>
> Still baffled.

Try getting iso-8859-1 locale from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/french-1.4/locale.tgz

Hmm, this issue seems to come up fairly often. Perhaps it should be
documented on website. (you care to write up a short FAQ entry?)

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                    Of course he runs NetBSD.