Subject: Raid,mirroringandfindingthe=?windows-1252?q?=92right=92disk
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2000 18:32:13
Hi folks,

currently, our main server is an 19" racked P-III that has two RAIDframe level
0 disks on an aic7880 Wide Channel SCSI controller. When NetBSD 1.5 is
released, I plan to change this.

I would like to have RAIDframe mirroring with two disks or I buy a similar box
that mirrors the first.

Has someone tried the new Atlas 10K or Seagate 15K drives? They should be
really fast compared to the IBM, DDRS-34560W, S97B or not? The Seagate can be
ordered with 16 MB cache which should be good!?

Can 1.5 boot from RAIDframe disks?

We are running PostgreSQL 7.x, some virtual web servers, squid, .... on the box.

Thanks

Dave