Subject: Re: hardware problem
To: Polly Huang <huang@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/09/2000 15:28:01
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Polly Huang wrote:

: I learned from the install.html page that you got a lot of questions re.
: this SCSI card: Adaptec 'AIC-7890' and it was not currently supported.

The install.html file relates to 1.4.x, and for those releases, that's
correct.  However....

: This is nice and clear.  One thing that confuses me is that AIC-789x (ahc)
: is also listed in the PCI devices part of the 'NetBSD/i386 supported
: hardware' page: http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html.

It's supported in NetBSD 1.5, which is in pre-release state (ALPHA2, to be
exact) right now.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/