Subject: compatible mainboards
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/05/2000 08:49:22
In evaluating mainboards I have found the extensive lists of chipset
support on the web page and in the drivers to be quite helpful at
identifying potential compatibility problems.  However, I am less
clear on the support required for the core chipsets.

- What OS support is required (if any) for that part of the system?

- Can mainboards be evaluated without consideration of the core
  chipsets?  If not, how should compatibility be evaluated?

- As a specific example, are the core chipsets on the Intel L440GX+
  and/or on the ASUS KT133-based boards supported?  How would I be
  able to determine that from the available NetBSD docs?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook