Subject: Package anon ftp login.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/04/2000 22:02:18
Is there a way to set the ``password'' (email address) for FTP when the
pkgsrc system has to grab distfiles?

This, or perhaps some kind of proxy system, is desirable.  The problem is
that I have asystem with a lot of spare space and a static IP, but no
proper name.  (I assign it a hostname within my home network, but the name
would be an invalid host for an email address in the FTP anonymous/ftp
``password''.)

So far, about the best that I can come up with is to export the
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles from the ``nameless'' computer, and have my other
computer (with a proper internet hostname) do the distfile fetches.

Is there a better way, either in general or via pkgsrc variables?

Any help would be appreciated.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu