Subject: Re: Scripts and crossing from Linux to NetBSD
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/04/2000 21:32:36
Gregg,

| I have on this machine, a Linux folder installed which has a dialup modem
| connection, with its own scripts. Can I trasplant those from here to my NetBSD
| 1.4 machine, who will be using the same modem? Not that it matters, but it is
| an external one.

I take you mean something akin to the /etc/ppp directory? If you do go here:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/

you will see a section on PPP. Modify your (old?) Linux ppp scripts to resemble the examples shown. There are a few minor differences. That is basically how I got it to work at first (I just did the old 'ppp call blah.isp') then I wrapped it with a script. Also if you have any failures be sure to look at /var/log/messages, sometimes you will see some stuff in there that is really helpful, as an example I had an invalid modem speed and got a tcsetattr (or something like that) error.

regards,
        jrf

--
Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>